Minor Declaration Form Submission Deadline: April 07, 2022
Why Minor Declaration is Important?
Without declaring minor, you will not be able to take Higher Elective and Minor courses during Summer 2022 course pre-registration. Please note that even after fulfilling the eligibility criteria, you will not be allowed to register for Higher Elective and Minor courses without declaring your minor.
Eligibility Criteria for Batch 182, 183, 192, 193, 201, and 202
- Completed 66 credits in Fall 2021. Students going to complete 78 credits in Spring 2022 are also eligible.
- Completed 10 GED courses (ENG 101, ENG 102, ENG 103, CSE 101, 3 Compulsory GED Courses, 3 GED Electives Courses)
- Students enrolled in their 10th GED course in Spring 2022 are also eligible to declare minor.
Eligibility Criteria for Batch 203, 211, 212, 213, and 221
- Completed 55 credits in Fall 2021. Students going to complete 63 credits in Spring 2022 are also eligible.
- Completed the following 8 GED courses: GEF 1101, GEF 1201, UCC 1101, UCC 1201, UCC 1202, GED Tier I (Arts and Humanities), GED Tier II (Social Sciences), GED Tier III (Natural Sciences).
- Students enrolled in their 8th GED course/s in Spring 2022 are also eligible to declare minor.
How to Submit the Minor Declaration Form?
- Check the eligibility criteria and determine if you are eligible.
- Print your Fall 2021 grade report. Email the registrar's office or DEH Admin Officer Leya Nipa Biswas for the PDF copy.
- Collect the physical copy of the Minor Declaration Form from your advisor. Contact your advisor for an appointment. Avoid contacting your advisor right before the deadline.
- Consult with your advisor to check if you will be eligible to declare your minor this term. Bring your Fall 2021 grade report with you.
- How to complete the form?
- Write your full name, ID, phone no., email address, and credits completed up to Fall 2021.
- Write clearly whether you want to declare a subject-specific minor (BBA/MSJ/CSE/SD/EEE/ETE) or Optional (courses from any departments except for DEH).
- Sign the form.
- Collect your course advisor’s signature and write his/her full name in the Advisor's Name section.
- Attach the printed copy of your Fall 2021 grade report.
- Submit the completed, signed Minor declaration form and the grade report to Leya Nipa Biswas within April 07, 2022. Minor declaration forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
- After verification, the forms will be sent to the Registrar’s Office from the department. Please check your URMS before pre-registration of Summer 2022 to see whether minor/optional courses have been offered or not. If not, please contact the BA coordinator.