Minor Declaration Form Submission Deadline: August 11, 2022
Minor declaration forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Why Minor Declaration is Important?
Without declaring minor, you will not be able to take Core English, Higher Elective and Minor courses during Fall 2022 course pre-registration. Please note that even after fulfilling the eligibility criteria, you will not be allowed to register for Higher Elective and Minor courses without declaring your minor.
Eligibility Criteria for Batch 182, 183, 192, 193, 201 and 202
- Completed 66 credits in Spring 2022. Students going to complete 78 credits in Summer 2022 are also eligible.
- Completed 10 GED courses (ENG 101, ENG 102, ENG 103, CSE 101, 3 Compulsory GED Courses, 3 GED Electives Courses). Students enrolled in their 10th GED course in Summer 2022 are also eligible to declare minor.
Eligibility Criteria for Batch 203, 211, 212, 213, 221 and 222
- Completed 63 credits in Spring 2022. Students going to complete 75 credits in Summer 2022 are also eligible.
- Completed the following 8 GED courses: GEF 1101, GEF 1201, UCC 1101, UCC 1201, UCC 1202, GED Tier I (Arts and Humanities), GED Tier II (Social Sciences), GED Tier III (Natural Sciences). Students enrolled in their 8th GED course/s in Summer 2022 are also eligible to declare minor.
- Must be in 6th semester and above after fulfilling criteria 1 and 2.
How to Submit the Minor Declaration Form?
- Check the eligibility criteria and determine if you are eligible.
- Print your Spring 2022 grade report. Email the registrar's office or DEH Admin Officer Leya Nipa Biswas for the PDF copy.
- Collect the physical copy of the Minor Declaration Form from your advisor. Contact your advisor for an appointment. Avoid contacting your advisor right before the deadline.
- Consult with your advisor to check if you will be eligible to declare your minor this term. Bring your Spring 2022 grade report with you.
How to complete the form?
- Write your full name, ID, phone no., email address, and credits completed up to Spring 2022
- Write clearly whether you want to declare a subject-specific minor (BBA/MSJ/CSE/SD/EEE/ETE) or Optional (courses from any departments except for DEH).
- Sign the form.
- Collect your course advisor’s signature and write his/her full name in the Advisor's Name section.
- Attach the printed copy of your Spring 2022 grade report.
- Submit the completed, signed Minor declaration form and the grade report to Leya Nipa Biswas within on or before August 11, 2022.
- After verification, the forms will be sent to the Registrar’s Office from the department. Please check your URMS before the pre-registration of Fall 2022 to see whether minor/optional courses have been offered or not. If not, please contact the BA coordinator.